Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Wills question

(3 Posts)
Pericombobulations Sat 17-Dec-16 20:41:36

I typed a really long post but basically I want to know, if I can future proof myself against claims from siblings as they think I am spending our parents money and worry they will try to prevent me getting anything from our parents wills.

Ellisandra Sat 17-Dec-16 23:09:32

I think you need the lost long post again.
Are your parents of full mental capacity?
If so, it's their business what they give you now, and what they leave you in their wills - which means the best future proofing they can do is make sure those are written properly.
If your parents were giving you a lot of money now and still intended you to have an equal share of their estate on death, they could include with their will an expression on wishes that made it clear that this was fully intentional.

idontlikealdi Sat 17-Dec-16 23:10:59

I think you need the long post. Depends what you're spending, and why they think they'd have a claim on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now