Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Car accident.

(5 Posts)
MarcoPoloCX Sat 17-Dec-16 12:18:21

I was involved in a car accident where I pulled in front of someone's drive as there was a space on the other side of the drop kerb.
So I pulled in, my car was stationery and I was about to move my car in to the space when in corner of my eye, I saw her reversing her car out of her drive.
I was pressing my horn like mad but she still ploughed into the side of my car.
It seems like her fault.
Do I need to get her to admit liability before I contact my insurance people or is that something they sort out between them?

Mrscog Sat 17-Dec-16 12:19:25

I think you just contact your company and tell them what happened and give them her details. They will sort out the rest.

eurochick Sat 17-Dec-16 12:28:31

Just contact your insurer. Tell them she reversed into you whilst stationary, despite your warning and any other relevant info. They will sort it out.

greenfolder Sun 18-Dec-16 09:57:19

I would go straight to her insurer in these circumstances.

MoreThanUs Sun 18-Dec-16 09:59:02

Phone your own insurance immediately with all the details of the incident.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: