Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

occupational health have lied on their assessment

(3 Posts)
Webmum21 Fri 09-Dec-16 01:05:13

Hello, I'm not sure if this falls in the legal category but I have no idea how to approach this issue. My husband was injured at work with an acoustic shock and signed off by his doctor pending a visit to a hospital consultant next month. In the meantime he has had a call from occupational health for an assessment over the phone and they recommended that he stay off until he's seen the consultant. Since then, he has been sent a copy of his OH report which has no less than 7 lies on it, the biggest being that they told him to return to work. His employer will use this pack of lies against him and they injured him in the first place. Can they get away with writing anything in the report? This doesn't seem legal

Shakey15000 Sat 17-Dec-16 12:45:02

I take it your OH hasn't signed the report as it was done over the phone?

Webmum21 Sat 17-Dec-16 13:57:36

Not sure about the signature but we did appeal it only to be told that their calls are not recorded but they will do the assessment again with a different assessor. Hoping it works out OK with this one but just concerned that they can clearly write whatever they want with no repercussions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now