Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

On Bail to return- please advise

(12 Posts)
Tiddlypoo8 Sun 20-Nov-16 03:35:41

I am currently on police bail to return to the police station on 8th December.
I'm worrying about what happens when I go there on the 8th does anybody know???

I was arrested for providing a positive drug test at the road side and having 0.1 of a gram of cocaine in my purse. In total I had 0.1 in my system and 0.1 in my purse.
This means it's Posession and drug driving but on very very tiny amounts.

What will happen to me?
No previous drug convictions etc.... Will I be cautioned?
Surely if I were going to court is have already been given a court date?

Please can somebody reassure me

gingeroots Sun 20-Nov-16 09:34:10

Sorry no real advice apart from get a solicitor but wanted to offer sympathy .
Hope someone comes along with helpful advice .

NewIdeasToday Sun 20-Nov-16 09:59:07

Gingeroots -
Why are you offering sympathy to someone who drove with drugs in their system and could have caused an accident?

Rosa Sun 20-Nov-16 10:07:46

'This means it's Posession and drug driving but on very very tiny amounts.'

So the fact that its very very is ok ? Sorry no sympathy here either , YOu should take whatever they throw at you on the nose and maybe learn from your mistake.

AyeAmarok Sun 20-Nov-16 10:10:08

Why did you drive after taking drugs?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 20-Nov-16 10:12:56

Do you have a solicitor? They should be keeping you up to date on what happens next.

Given the crime, it's likely that you've been bailed so that more analysis can be carried out on your samples. When you return, you'll either be charged and await a court date, be interviewed again or rebailed if the police are still awaiting results or investigating, or released without charge if there is insufficient evidence. Your solicitor may be able to advise you which of those is the most realistic - they will certainly be aware of its likely you'll be rebailed.

mamatiger2016 Sun 20-Nov-16 10:15:34

^^ second that

Did you stop and think about how you put other road users and pedestrians at risk. You may think you're okay but you were under the influence.

I hope they take your licence away, I have no sympathy for people who drive whilst they have been drinking or have taken drugs. It's stupid and selfish.

heebiejeebie Sun 20-Nov-16 10:19:18

For the sanctimonious - the drug test is for a metabolite of cocaine which can hang around for days, much much much longer than the psychoactive effects last. So you can test positive to cocaibe whilst being totally straight and able to drive.

0.1g - an empty wrapper?

I don't know the answer to what will happen - but they will probably caution you. If you accept the caution you are admitting g the crime and the caution then stays on your record. You will be expected to have a drug assessment. Speak to a lawyer.

LittleBearPad Sun 20-Nov-16 10:23:10

So they stopped you? Why? The police don't stop many cars. There must have been a reason.

NerrSnerr Sun 20-Nov-16 10:40:32

Why were you stopped? Bad driving, someone reported you? I don't know how much cocaine will show in system after use. Had you been using that day?

I would be surprised if this didn't go to court to be honest.

Ellisandra Sun 20-Nov-16 14:17:01

LOL at the poster who said take it on the nose grin

Blu Mon 28-Nov-16 19:38:39

LittleBearPad - you are not black, male and living in London, are you?

For example.

The police stop loads of drivers, on almost no pretext!

Not offering any opinion on what has happened to the OP, or what the circumstances were, but that is really an astounding comment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now