Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Income Tax advice

(2 Posts)
Mary1935 Tue 15-Nov-16 14:17:02

Is some kind enough to give me advice on the following
I rent out my one bed council flat which I owe. When paying tax on the income can I claim any tax relief on the service charges which are £800 per year. Can I also claim for any of the work the council do in my block which I have to contribute towards. for example ,changing the lift,fitting smoke detoctors to the landings or painting the whole block. Many thanks.

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 22-Nov-16 17:52:09

Yes you can

All those items can be deducted before calculating the profit you make from the rental income.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now