Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Is ere anything legally I can do?

(2 Posts)
Amithenormalone Fri 11-Nov-16 16:25:36

We moved into the current place we rent in February. Since then I have had loads of post for previous tenants and his business. I don't know the previous tenant and don't have any forwarding details for them neither does the housing association. Since February I have had bailiffs at my door 4 times each time provide tenancy and they have gone away. 6 weeks ago I Wanstead in when bailiffs came and when I phoned them like asked I was told that they had spoken to the previous tenant and that he has said he was just at Heathrow airport but was on his way back to my address told them it wasn't true and proved I was new tenant and that he was no longer here.
Is there anything I can do to stop this repeatedly happening and stop him from using my address?

wooooofudge Fri 11-Nov-16 20:21:46

Write 'Not known at this address. Return to sender' on all mail addressed to your address that isn't for you. Stick it in a post box and keep doing so.

As for bailiffs, etc just tell them that person was the previous tenant, who no longer lives there and is nothing to do with you. Repeat however many times you have to. Debts follow the person, they don't stay with the address.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now