Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

What to do for the best?

(2 Posts)
heidiwine Sun 23-Oct-16 17:35:41

DH's ex is ignoring DH. Any attempt to contact goes unanswered (phone, text, email). The only contact he has is when his ex initiates it usually by text. This has been going on for several months. We hoped it would improve. It hasn't. There are two significant issues right now:
DH's child is undergoing hospital treatment (we think minor) DPs ex will not discuss this with DH and will not tell him the name of the consultant (is private so GP can't help). Any attempt to discuss with child is met with vagueness/silence (and it's obviously stressful so we don't pursue).
In addition we have learnt that DH's ex has applied for another of his children to move schools in September. DH is not supportive of this move (is from a school that goes right through to one that is just secondary) and both child and mum know this. This move has been alluded to but not discussed in any detail.
For the lawyers on here... is there anything DH can/should do to find out about his children's health and the schools?
He has full parental responsibility and both children are under 16.

Musicaltheatremum Sun 23-Oct-16 20:55:21

GP would have had to refer the child so should be able to help.
Social worker?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now