Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Help please

(3 Posts)
ColourfulOrangex Thu 20-Oct-16 10:42:29

Hi I'm currently in a dispute with my sons dad he is taking me to court and I visited a solicitor who said I can get legal aid because I am on certain benefits etc...I'm just worried as my partner- who doesn't live with us- occasionally will put money in my account to help with costs for things like when my fridge freezer solicitor wants to see the last 3 months statements, am I going to get in trouble or refused legal aid?? We aren't talking thousands of pounds just the odd £100

Familylawsolicitor Wed 26-Oct-16 19:40:44

It will be taken into account as income. You may still be under the income limit taking it into account. The worst that can happen is you won't be eligible for legal aid once they've considered your statements, you won't get into trouble.

mrsdarcey78 Wed 26-Oct-16 21:22:22

anything under £3k is usually okay. anything over that is used as capital. I had over that in my account due to a backdated PIP payment and they took all of it to pay for the legal fees. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now