Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Urgent! Please help!

(6 Posts)
FeelingBloodyStupidAndScared Thu 06-Oct-16 14:53:32

I know. We are fucking idiots.

BIL (DH bro) was in court a few months ago and had to pay a fine for criminal damage and was also given community service. He asked us if we could be his "care of" address for the community service team as he doesn't want to say he's living with his GF.

We had a distress warrant through the post today as he hasn't been paying the fine.

He has 2 weeks to pay up or they're coming to our house to take goods away.

Yes we were naive. We've never had dealings with courts so we believed him.

What the hell do we do now?

Desmondo2016 Thu 06-Oct-16 15:34:54

can't you just contact them and give them his actual address? supporting your brother is one thing but surely not at your expense when he's being a dick.

Balletgirlmum Thu 06-Oct-16 15:37:45

They cannot take your goods, only stuff belonging to your brother.

If he were renting they couldn't take ha landlord's property could they?

JaniceBattersby Thu 06-Oct-16 23:19:27

You must tell them where he's living. They can't take your property but they may ask to see receipts for it all to prove it's yours. If he's living with his girlfriend and the court has previously ordered him not to contact her then he's breaking the law. That's not your problem. He's put you in an impossible situation and if he really gave a shit about you then he would have paid his fine.

HereIAm20 Sat 08-Oct-16 11:08:28

I assume he doesn't want to say he is living at GFs as they are committing some kind of benefit fraud. hmm

Just contact them saying that he lives at X address now. Please contact him direct there.

Moonpuddle Sat 08-Oct-16 11:10:49

Oh dear, I'd give the GFs address

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now