Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

help with application for decree nisi

(6 Posts)
GettingScaredNow Mon 03-Oct-16 20:07:12


i sent off for it a while back and i have had a letter stating:

a) i failed to complete the middle section of part 3 on D80
(there only seem to be 2 parts. part one asking if everything in the statement is true, and then a box asking asking me to indicate if anything in the petition is against my knowledge. Should i put n/a in this box? as i left it blank)

b) spelling of my middl name on petition is incorrect.
(i have now checked against my marriage cert and its spelled wrong on there)

c) Place of marriage is missing the word "london".

Letter seems to suggest i use box 2 on D80 to correct these spelling errors. so that bit seems fairly straight forward.
but this thing about part 3, do i just put n/a not applicable?

thanks for any help anyone can give.
i can't afford a solicitor so am DIY'ing this right now

GettingScaredNow Tue 04-Oct-16 12:08:22


Familylawsolicitor Wed 05-Oct-16 22:50:35

The missing middle section of Part 3 sounds more likely to be on the petition (which has a Part 3 where the middle section is often missed)
On the page attached did you tick the box that the petitioner and the respondent are habitually resident in England or fill in the other box?

You may need to file an amended petition as there may be too many errors on your original petition.

However you could try and resolve by referring to the corrections on your D80. Complete a totally new D80 and resubmit with D84 application for decree nisi.

Familylawsolicitor Wed 05-Oct-16 22:51:05

Part 3 of petition

Familylawsolicitor Wed 05-Oct-16 22:53:58

You will also need to have ticked the box regarding article 3(1) of the Council Regulation if you and your ex both live in this country or one of the other boxes re jurisdiction

GettingScaredNow Thu 06-Oct-16 07:32:46

The letter was quite clear that I had missed the middle part of part 3 on D80.

I called wikivorce who advised me to make the corrections to spelling errors on the original petition using part 2 of d80b.

And then to the middle part of part 3.
He advised to write 'all statements are true to the best of my knowledge' said it was returned cos I had left the box empty.

Said he was surprised at how helpful the court had been by returning the form and letter without an amendment fee.

Thanks for replies. Have returned form yesterday. Fingers crossed I haven't fluffed it this time too!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now