Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

my ex solicitor keep sending me letters

(3 Posts)
naomyS Tue 20-Sep-16 14:39:27

hello i received a letter from my ex solicitor regarding my ex partner want to arrange to see his daughter a contact centre on a forthright basic and that they advise me strongly to respond or if i got on my solicitor to reply to them ma ex assaulted and was restrain to contact me or our daughter but after the court cases it was find not guilty fo insuficient of evidence as it was no witness and when the polic arrive he wasnt in the house as he left the house when he knew that the police was on they way ...after the court cases was over the bail condition was lifted and now he want to have contact i'm still afected by that and not sure if it the right time to have contact with him as i'm still suffering from that and i don't think our daugther is ready too as she'suffring too from that incident and she's scare off man she does'nt want to be in the same room as a man or men its been now a year and half and tooke me month of building the relation she had now with my new partenaire ...she's 3years hold and goes to the nursery she's geting better since then and have a great relationship with my partenaire who she call daddy and i'm felling greatful for that ...concerning me i'm pregnant now and i really don't need to much streest now and my ex hearing about my ex give me anxeiety and stresst me out a lot and i don't want to deal with him now i need more time like after giving birth and find stability and balance with my new relationship and the baby i will try to facehim and the posiiblility of him seeing his daugther i hope to get good advise on how could i reply to my ex solicitor should i reply to my ex solicitor

brodchengretchen Tue 20-Sep-16 15:04:04

Perhaps you could show the correspondence to an advisor at the Citizens Advice Bureau if you have difficulty with English? They may also be able to advise you on some options you may have.

MrsBertBibby Tue 20-Sep-16 16:45:10

Your former solicitor just wants to know if you want to use them or not. If you don't, just tell them so.

Was there a letter from him, or from a solicitor instructed by him? If so, you can answer it or ignore it. I assume your answer will be that you don't agree contact. He will then have to go to mediation (up to you whether you talk to the mediator or not, no need to see him, the mediator will see you on your own.

If he doesn't get what he wants from mediation, then he will have to apply to court, and you will have to attend. Ultimately the Court is likely to support him in having contact as long as it is safe.

Suggesting that his relationship with his daughter should be put on hold while you build one with your new partner and baby is not going to impress the court, I'm afraid.

Hope that is helpful. Can you afford to see your solicitor for advice? Presumably they know the backstory, and can advise more fully, even if you don't use them further.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now