Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Lease extension 'reasonable legal & surveyors fees'

(3 Posts)
russetbella1000 Wed 14-Sep-16 21:49:29

So, any leasehold experts out there?? Just in the middle of negotiating a lease extension.

Freeholder has come down £3000 so is closer to a more favourable figure.

BUT since I (the leaseholder) am liable for his legal fees/surveyors fees, what's to stop him recouping the loss of premium in the charges he asks of me?

I would ask my solicitor but I'll be charged!!

Feel completely over a barrel with this and am tempted to go to FTT just to ensure a fair trial...

Hate this process!

HereIAm20 Thu 15-Sep-16 18:15:23

If you can come to an agreement it is so much cheaper than going to the tribunal as the costs are usually a lot higher.

If you have a solicitor acting they should already be asking what his fees are etc? They shouldn't be too high as your own solicitor will draw up the paperwork normally and the freeholder's just approve and advise.

I think we paid £500 to our freeholder's solicitor for their costs on top of the survey we paid for and our costs and the lease premium.

russetbella1000 Thu 15-Sep-16 22:57:23

Thank you! 😉

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now