Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Sex offender father fighting for visitation!!!

(11 Posts)
Ctommy16 Thu 08-Sep-16 19:44:29

I recieved a message today, from my sons BIO-Father, he is currently on the sex offenders and is not on the BC. Does anyone have any advice on what to give me?? My son is 5 months old and has already started bonding with people, and cries when he is spoken to by those he doesnt know.... hes in a routine and i dont want it ruined.


ImperialBlether Thu 08-Sep-16 19:47:46

When you say bio-father, do you mean he's his father?

When did you discover he was on the sex offenders' register? Has he ever seen your son?

I would speak to the police about whether he's actually allowed to see him as there will be conditions on him. Then I'd see a solicitor.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Thu 08-Sep-16 19:49:42

Tell him to go to court and apply for parental responsibility. Let him try and prove to a judge he is good father material. Don't give his idle threats a second thought. Just enjoy your baby.

JenLindleyShitMom Thu 08-Sep-16 19:51:51

I would ignore him. If he is serious he will pursue it in court. You can respond then when you see he is serious. But do contact the police now and find out whether this man is legally allowed to be around children. And whether it is safe.

Ctommy16 Thu 08-Sep-16 20:29:00

Well hes on it for uploading and distributing child images.... but ill contact them tomorrow

GreenAndYellow Thu 08-Sep-16 20:49:47

Please don't worry. I hope some solicitors will be on here to give you legal advice, but my non-legal advice is that your ex hasn't got a hope of getting unsupervised contact.

Ctommy16 Thu 08-Sep-16 20:52:33

Thankyou GreenAndYellow. Just wait and see I guess

insertimaginativeusername Thu 08-Sep-16 21:07:59

I can help but need a bit more info....What exactly do you need advice with? To refuse contact?

How much do you know about his convictions? Have you seen evidence or is it based on hearsay?

Has he ever challenged not being on the birth certificate?

Ctommy16 Thu 08-Sep-16 21:30:03

He said he is going to challenge it. I had social ring me up and tell me about it.
I need to know what i need to do if he does try

MrsBertBibby Thu 08-Sep-16 21:44:27

I should sit tight and wait, tbh. Is he likely to have money to spare for this?

Desmondo2016 Thu 08-Sep-16 23:00:11

If he's convicted of an indecent image of children offence I imagine Social Services will be very very much on your side in prohibiting unsupervised contact. Given your childs age I dont envisage they would seem contact centre contact to be appropriate either. You mention that Social told you this... I would be very open and engaging with them, and stick very close to them. As far as he is concerned, one message advising him not to contact you again and state all contact through his solicitor . He almost certainly wont bother. Please don't get too het up about it. Your child will not be allowed to be out at risk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now