Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

DWP customer compliance interview help

(5 Posts)
user1469893790 Mon 05-Sep-16 19:50:16

I recieved a letter today from dwp asking me to attend an interview to discuss my housing benefit claim. My housing benefit claim stopped 2 months ago when I informed them my partner had moved back in he had moved out about a year earlier when we split up over lots of silly things anyway we decided to give it another go and he moved back in. I managed to get hold of the compliance officer who seemed shocked I was no longer claiming housing benefit so he asked when it stopped and my partners name I gave him these details he then told me I still need to attend the interview for reasons he can't discuss over the phone and there's a few queries I need to clear up. I'm feeling very nervous and wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

user1469893790 Tue 06-Sep-16 23:06:49

Anyone help?

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 06-Sep-16 23:09:29

I wouldn't bother going.

They can't stop the payment if you're not receiving any anyway...

cexuwaleozbu Tue 06-Sep-16 23:34:54

Don't they have the right to claw back money you have already received too? I think it might be unwise to not go.

user1469893790 Wed 07-Sep-16 08:05:47

Yeah I have nothing to hide so was planning on going but wondered what to expect really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now