Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

relationship break up

(3 Posts)
nocampinghere Mon 05-Sep-16 10:07:04

my SIL is leaving my brother
she says she cares for him but is no longer "in" love with him
db is pretty sure she is having an affair - she admits that a guy at work is besotted with her and has left his wife/kids for her. But that she is confused but knows she doesn't want to be with my db anymore.
She has refused to go to any counselling or even talk to him.
She has put a deposit on a flat and is moving out at the end of the month. They have one ds about to start school.
Is she playing him? She insists the flat is for her and ds (who they will have 50:50) and not for this other guy. The other guy meanwhile is sleeping on a mate's floor. His (soon to be ex) wife is in touch with my db and is adamant his plan is to move in with SIL.

My db doesn't want to get legal advice. He is doing everything he can to see if they can work through it. It has knocked him for six

I wonder if she is playing the long game. If there is a third party involved in the split does this affect her settlement if/when it comes to that? I can't work out what her thought process is. She won't speak to any of our family.

TIA

Muddle2000 Tue 06-Sep-16 14:54:40

Do brother and SIL currently own a property?

nocampinghere Fri 09-Sep-16 10:57:18

yes - house with big mortgage and a flat (rented out)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now