Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

power of attorney

(4 Posts)
fanjodisfunction Fri 02-Sep-16 12:01:26

Power of attorney, I realise the person has to be mentally capable to sign. but what happens if they aren't but you still need to act on their behalf? Does it go to next of kin or ?

I'm asking as regards to the sale of a property.

Ginmakesitallok Fri 02-Sep-16 12:06:10

In scotland you would need to apply to the sheriff for guardianship. It doesn't automatically go to next of kin. CAB should be able to advise.

anyname123 Fri 02-Sep-16 12:06:53

England / Wales you would apply to the court of protection for a decision

Penfold007 Fri 02-Sep-16 12:14:48

If your in England or Wales have a look here:

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now