Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Court assessment for fees

(3 Posts)
backtothe80s Mon 29-Aug-16 08:20:26

Anyone able to advise on this please - I'm the one been ditched by sol - have seen I can do this in terms of business - have requested info from solicitor but my emails are not being answered - being told out of office, in meetings etc all avoidance. I understand I have a month to do this. My fees have continually been questioned by other side as if I was wasting money and judge previously mentioned they were high - but I now feel I have been taken advantage off . Thanks in advance

Collaborate Mon 29-Aug-16 11:53:51

Take a look at your bills. There will be a paragraph on them explaining how you can challenge them. The process won't happen overnight though. Will take a few months.

eternalopt Tue 06-Sep-16 20:57:51

Court assessment costs more money as well - you'll get it back if your bill is reduced by more than a fifth though. Could try the legal ombudsman as well - free and more informal. Did they give you information about fees (detailed bill breakdowns) and good estimates?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now