Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

cafcass report today section 7

(4 Posts)
mrsdarcey78 Mon 22-Aug-16 16:30:36

Hi I have the first court hearing tomorrow, for a contact order my separated husband has filed at court. he did file for the three children 18 14 and 9. hes been told he cant file for the 18 year old. hes not seen them for 2 years. he was abusive. they do not want to see him. just had the cafcass report, cant say much but it recommends, a section 7 report, and to hear the childrens views, no contact to take place (at least until not after report, have asked for indirect contact), parents to do a separated parents course. anyone had experience of a section 7 report or a separated parents course?. It just boils down to the kids dont want to see him, they are scared of him, he didn't speak to or answer the cafcass officer calling him despite that he is the one that started this. x

NNChangeAgain Mon 22-Aug-16 17:53:56

The Separated Parents Course is pretty standard for parents who have been in conflict over DCs, TBH.

You won't do it "together". CAFCASS run parallel sessions so that each party attends but not in the same room at the same time, iyswim.

For goodness sake, don't do what my DHs ex did and told the magistrate that "she'd think about it" when he ordered her to attend! shock

WrappedInABlankie Fri 26-Aug-16 15:25:33

I've done a SPC, it's not bad you get a certificate you have to present at the hearing and they tell you whether you've been or not.

You're not there together, different days with different parents, it teaches you to see from the childs point of view, using words like "i feel" instead of "you do this". It last half the day and tbh we had a laugh. It tells you about the cycle you go through like grief so denial, blame, negotiation and then accepting. Setting up email accounts and responding and setting boundary's ect. It's not bad i'd do it if they've told you to. However don't do my DS 'father' and go and then tell the judge how useless it was and how he didn't need whilst displaying all the things you're told to avoid in the course -.-

user1472305808 Sat 27-Aug-16 22:39:11

I have this all to come! A child that doesn't want to see their father. Absent in and off. May I ask ... Who has taken who to court?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now