Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

injury claim

(3 Posts)
3littlefrogs Mon 22-Aug-16 15:25:04

I was injured while visiting a commercial premises.

They have admitted liability, in writing, and have invited me to claim expenses and let them know if I have recovered.

They want copy of my complete medical record for their solicitors and /or a medical examination.

They have advised me that I can seek independent legal advice if I wish.

I am NOT looking to make loads of money out of this, however, I was in severe pain for weeks, couldn't drive, lift, carry out normal household tasks. Couldn't even get in and out of bed/shower for the first week or so. DH had to ferry me about and do everything for me. All as a result of carelessness on the part of someone else.

I can't produce evidence of costs in this regard, but wondered if there is a basic sum for caring duties that can be applied in terms of a claim.

DH thinks it shouldn't be necessary to seek legal advice - I really don't like these ambulance chasing companies, but I do wonder if they will fob me off if I don't.

Should I seek legal advice or try and work out a ball park figure for my pain and inconvenience and DH's time?


greenfolder Mon 22-Aug-16 21:06:17

Firstly do you have legal expenses insurance on your contents policy? If you do consult them now. They may instruct a solicitor for you without a no win no fee agreement so worth checking. Have you fully recovered now?

3littlefrogs Mon 22-Aug-16 21:48:48

Thanks greenfolder.
I have more or less recovered - still have some discomfort, but I can manage. It has been almost a year.
I will check my household insurance policy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now