Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Transferring half of home, which is in my name, to DH

(3 Posts)
MimsyPimsy Tue 16-Aug-16 15:58:31

We've just got married, and I am adding my DH to the house deeds of the home where we both live. There's no mortgage/charges.

I've looked at the Land Registry site, and it looks like we just need to fill in forms: AL1, TR1 and ID1, then pay a fee, based on the value of the half I transfer to him - about £80.

But are there any other tax implications I need to consider? Do I need to tell HMRC, and I'll incur some other charge? Or can I just do this with gay abandon? smile

notquitegrownup2 Tue 16-Aug-16 16:03:35

We did this via a solicitor recently as we were having some other stuff done. I am 99% sure that there were no other implications as, if I remember rightly, there is no capital gains tax when transferring between spouses. However, I'm sure someone more expert than me will be along with more advice soon.

MimsyPimsy Tue 16-Aug-16 18:34:01

I'll continue filling in my forms. smile I guess I can always make a note in the spare box on my tax return, just in case!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now