Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Removing child from the UK.

(4 Posts)
SapphireSeptember Mon 15-Aug-16 20:14:32

This is linked to something I posted about in WWYD. So, I met this lady who is leaving her husband, but is worried he will take their child back to Romania if she does. They've only been here for a year. But can he be stopped from doing so?

babybarrister Tue 16-Aug-16 20:33:49

Not straightforward as depends on whether child considered habitually resident here now. Your friend needs to take some good advice asap

sleeponeday Sun 21-Aug-16 23:02:22

A charity called Reunite are the experts on international disputes of this kind, and will be able to advise her on her legal position.

babybarrister Mon 22-Aug-16 07:56:40

Reunite are excellent but they cannot give legal advice on a specific case - they have a list of specialist lawyers on their website though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now