Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Who is responsible for this?

(3 Posts)
Masketti Sat 30-Jul-16 21:48:13

A bulky item of furniture was delivered to my house and was wedged under my garage door rather than taken off the pallet so it would fit easily into the garage. Unfortunately I was at an interview but my mother in law was in although she didn't want to leave the kids so didn't watch it being wedged into the garage. I complained to the delivery company (heard nothing) and to the furniture seller who offered £10 compensation on a £61.55 delivery cost.

The mechanism of the garage door is now not working properly and the furniture seller says the repair or replacement should be paid for by the delivery company. I just wanted to check who is liable? As I thought my contract is with the furniture seller not the delivery company but I might be getting confused with the now redundant Sale of Goods Act. Item bought 20th May 2016 and discovered faulty mechanism 4th July.

Collaborate Sat 30-Jul-16 23:32:40

Seller is liable for damage to the delivered goods, the courier for the damage to the garage door.

Masketti Sun 31-Jul-16 19:21:35

Thanks Collaborate!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now