Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Applying for decree nisi

(6 Posts)
GettingScaredNow Fri 29-Jul-16 20:44:13

I have the form, and it looks fairly straight forward!

One box I'm uncertain of how to fill in.
The box at the top says 'Fee charged/remission ID'

Do I leave it blank? Put 'N/A'
STBXH isn't defending so there isn't a fee involved?
Have attached a pic so it's clear what I'm talking about!

TIA

Abodago81 Fri 29-Jul-16 21:08:46

What happened re fees when you issued the petition? Are you paying the court fees or on a low income and using the fee remission court scheme to not pay/ pay reduced rate?

GettingScaredNow Fri 29-Jul-16 21:18:55

I paid the fee and have submitted a form to claim it back as I am on benefits which have been back dated to before the petition was sent. But weren't in pay at the time IFYSWIM.

Another question: on the statement in support it says do I want to make an addition.
After my petition was received and signed by STBXH I had to have him arrested for saying 'I'm gonna kill you, I am gonna kill you'.
Is this the sort of thing that they mean by addition to my petition?

Then further through the statement it asks if the behaviour is continuing?
I feel I should answer no as its not really. It all stopped when he moved out. And the ate of that is after the petition was made AND after the acknowledgment of service was sent.

GettingScaredNow Sat 30-Jul-16 10:06:23

Bump smile

Familylawsolicitor Sun 31-Jul-16 10:27:39

Don't say you want to add anything to your petition. It will be a massive PITA as you will probably be directed to file an amended petition and it will have to be served on him again and you will need to wait for him to acknowledge it.
It's fine to say behaviour has stopped as of when he moved out
There is no fee for an application for DN so leave that box blank

GettingScaredNow Sun 31-Jul-16 15:38:57

Brilliant.
Thanks so much for reply!

Will fill it in now and post it in the morning!

Things are progressing!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now