Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Advice please

(2 Posts)
WiMoChi Thu 28-Jul-16 11:56:55

I've just left my husband who was emotionally and a but physically abusive. I left as he hurt our child.

Police and SS are investigating. I'm staying with a relative.

I also need to know if anyone can advise me about contact please. Will this man who has anger issues and previous police involvement because of violence be around my children unsupervised?

Also they will be interviewing him next week on his request so that he could have a solicitor present. They haven't arrested him, why?

MrsBertBibby Thu 28-Jul-16 13:48:04

Whether and how he has contact is up to you, unless he applies to Court, in which case the answer is, I'm afraid, "maybe". That will depend on exactly what the family court determine happened (the family court can make findings even if he is not prosecuted, or is acquitted) and on what risk the court determines there is in future, and how that risk can be managed. If the risk is to great, or unmanageable, then contact may not happen at all, or only with serious restrictions.

You should get advice from a solicitor about protective orders, and you may very well get legal aid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now