Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Non refundable payments

(10 Posts)
JudasInTheTescoVan Tue 26-Jul-16 19:18:30

I paid for a holiday club for my son. My son suffers with anxiety and was unable to actually go into the building. I stayed with him for 1 hour and tried to persuade him but after an hour we left (the activities had not started when we left and he hadn't taken part in anything).

I asked whether the payment would be returned and they said they "didn't know and would need to get a manager to ring me today". I haven't had a phone call from them.

I've checked the paperwork that I signed and it doesn't say anywhere that the payment is non refundable.

Would they be able to keep hold of the payment without having notified me previously?

Thanks

dietstartsmonday Tue 26-Jul-16 19:28:25

I don't know about legally but you booked a space which they then can't book to anyone else. I fail to see why they should lose out for something that's not their fault.

If it was me I would offer you 50% back as a good will gesture but I really think they won't have to

JudasInTheTescoVan Tue 26-Jul-16 19:31:29

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but they weren't fully booked.

BaronessEllaSaturday Tue 26-Jul-16 19:34:35

How far in advance did you pay for the session and does it mention anything about cancelling at all?

JudasInTheTescoVan Tue 26-Jul-16 19:35:35

I paid about a week in advance and no there is no mention at all of what happens if to cancel.

dietstartsmonday Tue 26-Jul-16 19:49:05

I'm not sure it will make much difference. They are still a business.
Hopefully they will offer to meet you half way or maybe rebook.
How many days did you book for?

JudasInTheTescoVan Tue 26-Jul-16 19:50:27

Just the one day.

JudasInTheTescoVan Tue 26-Jul-16 19:51:20

They won't allow him to rebook due to the meltdown he had outside their reception building.

dietstartsmonday Tue 26-Jul-16 21:35:34

That's a shame. Hopefully you will get something back but I think you need to be prepared for not

microscope Tue 26-Jul-16 22:22:33

Usually there is small print about being non refundable on the day. If they offer 50% I would grab it and be pleased!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now