Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Best way to get money out of company I have a CCJ against

(4 Posts)
snowy508601 Fri 22-Jul-16 16:44:29

I sued an ex-employer and got judgment by default of £5k because they didn't enter a defence.Now, how do I make them pay? They just seem to be ignoring the fact that this judgment exists.The company is a small but profit making company with few saleable assets. because of the nature of their work they need to be seen to 'keep their noses clean' and I notice they have no other CCJs against them so I am surprised they haven't paid.
I have seen that there I a 3rd party debt order whereby you freeze their bank account or bailiffs (but I don't think this would be a good option for the reasons stated above

cdtaylornats Fri 22-Jul-16 21:19:23

Get a solicitor to write to them pointing out the consequences of ignoring the CCJ. Tell him to spell out the expected payment date.

andintothefire Sun 24-Jul-16 18:49:16

The best way may be to threaten a winding up order if they don't pay within a certain amount of time. I would write to them and give them 21 days to appear otherwise you will assume they are unable to pay their debts and will present a winding up petition.

TheDailyMailareabunchofcunts Sun 24-Jul-16 18:51:26

High court enforcement officers seem to be good at extracting cash. ( on the tv anyway!)
Doesn't seem to cost much either :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now