Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

New social network site fears

(3 Posts)
user1465980770 Wed 15-Jun-16 10:03:22

Can someone please give me some advice. There is a new website launched for 13 year olds and upwards. It has been put together by 4 members of an old anonymous website that closed down for legal matters and security issues.

I am 99% sure that one of the members of the technical team is a man that stalked me in the old website. It's not very well put together and when I joined I i had asked about privacy and protection from stalkers buy the site is so anonymous apparently to protect its users but in effect it also protects predators.

There are 13 year offs using this and I want a legal professional to check their terms and conditions. I was very badly stalked and if it is the guy then some serious issues could arise with him having access to private data when people sign up.

What I am asking is what type of lawyer/solicitor do I need to check this website out?

Thanks

SarahAnderson Wed 15-Jun-16 10:05:12

They should be registered with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can check here

ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search

If they aren't, and they are processing personal data, you should inform the ICO.

user1465980770 Wed 15-Jun-16 10:12:46

Does it matter if they are registered in Panama? The moderators are very rude when asked about the security and when I posted a blog about the dangers of anonymous websites they took the post down (I didn't mention their website it was just a general opinion)

I asked the admin to address some issues and his reply was;

Sorry your question is too complex :D

^^Exactly that .. That was written by an owner of a website that is used by minors?

So basically a bunch of anybody's can set a website up and make it so anonymous that no one knows anyone .. Which is dangerous for kids .. I'm sorry sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now