Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Employment status between Uni and starting first job (where contracts signe

(4 Posts)
Milliways Mon 13-Jun-16 18:40:14

DS is due home next week, having just completed his finals. Graduation due mid July. New job all signed for and new tenancy agreed, all from end August.

We want to put him on the car insurance for the holidays. The insurance company are saying if he is "unemployed" it will be v.expensive.

Can he still be classed as a student? In other holidays between semesters he was. He also has a very good job lined up, but they start all graduates together at the end of the Summer.

Seems a bit harsh, he may have to find some more part time tutoring and put that as part time work.

Any suggestions/knowledge?

Many Thanks

SocksRock Mon 13-Jun-16 18:55:23

I think once he's graduated, he's unemployed, sorry. I signed on the day after I graduated and I'm sure they wouldn't have let me if there had been any possibility I was still a student. I was employed 3 weeks later though!

Milliways Mon 13-Jun-16 19:25:52

Thanks
He hasn't graduated yet, but will do - so suppose he needs to get a part time job quickly to help pay the bill!

Frazzled2207 Mon 13-Jun-16 19:38:04

If he hasn't graduated when you buy the policy he is a student I'd say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now