Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Child arrangement orders and public events

(3 Posts)
zoie86 Wed 08-Jun-16 13:49:11

I have recently been to court and have an arrangement order and the children are currently seeing their dad at a contact centre for two hours every Saturday, my query is with where I stand if the children were to tell him of activities their involved with at school (outside of school hours) and local events we may be attending, what if he just turns up as its public event but outside of his order? The reason being, my youngest is taking part in a performance at the school fete straight after contact finishes this Saturday and it's a possibility that he will turn up just to make me feel uncomfortable.

TIA

MarlowWills1 Wed 08-Jun-16 15:49:11

I think that, unless you have some form of injunction specifically banning him from coming within 100m of the children outside of the defined contact, you can't stop him from attending.

What is your concern, that he's likely to try to snatch, or to make a scene?

zoie86 Wed 08-Jun-16 17:51:23

Worried that he's going to make a scene and obviously while the little ones in the performance like you say he's entitled to be there but if he stays at the fete afterwards which we're planning on doing it's going to spoil their afternoon as I'm going to have to leave, I'm just unsure where I stand on the fact of him seeing them outside of his agreed contact.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now