Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Making & selling dummy clips

(7 Posts)
Sheldonfan Sun 29-May-16 20:47:03

My SIL wants to make her own dummy clips & sell them as suitable for dolls & leave it to buyers if they actually use them for real babies. She is doing this to get round the fact that there are safety laws about the selling of dummy clips (eg use of beads, safety testing). Could she still be prosecuted? I'm thinking she could.

Rockchick1984 Sun 29-May-16 21:19:17

If selling something to use as a toy it will still need CE testing, so yes she could still get in bother.

Sheldonfan Sun 29-May-16 21:21:15

Thanks,. Gonna try my best to talk her out of it.

SocksRock Sun 29-May-16 21:23:52

Ask her what she plans to do when a baby chokes to death on them. They are incredibly dangerous, and quite a few selling sites won't allow them, CE tested or not.

beenaroundawhile Sun 29-May-16 21:32:10

Why dummy clips specifically?

Does she feel there is a gap in the market - could you therefore help her to understand why there may be a gap

Is there a particular craft element or skill she wants to employ and could it be used in any other way?

Selling them "for toys" is basically admitting she knows they're not fit for purpose.

WellErrr Sun 29-May-16 21:36:39

You've posted this twice. Is it really your SIL?

Whoever it is, they sound like a total arse.

MrsSpecter Sun 29-May-16 21:40:11

Tell her that everyone and their sister is selling unregulated dummy clips and she'd be better off looking for something that no-one else is doing yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now