Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Abusive ex refusing to sell house

(3 Posts)
chelsea11 Fri 20-May-16 12:34:20

Hi all, after some advice if poss. I have been in a abusive relationship for years. I have finally ended it and want to sell our house (which we was in the process of doing anyway) he has now pulled out of our sale with the solicitors and is refusing to sell or leave the house. Meaning my toddler and I are having to squeeze in to my mums house, leaving my dad on the sofa. He wont buy me out or sell. Can anyone help? What can i do?

MrsBertBibby Fri 20-May-16 12:44:52

You can force a sale ( or indeed in some circumstances stay in the house to his exclusion) but you really need to see a solicitor, for advice about claims under TOLATA and Schedule 1 (the solicitor will know what those are.)

cestlavielife Fri 20-May-16 12:46:57

Yes to lata and schedule 1.
But be aware if he resists you may need to borrow money to pay bailiffs etc to remove him. ..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now