Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Refusal to answer due diligence questions

(5 Posts)
Backinthe1960s Thu 19-May-16 11:47:02

I am a community governor at my local school and I serve on the Academy sub-committee. We are hoping to join a multi-academy chain but at the moment the senior staff at the MAT are refusing to answer our due diligence questions. This worries me and I cannot think of any obvious reason why they are acting like this. Any ideas about what we should do next?

prh47bridge Thu 19-May-16 12:24:48

Not really a legal question. If they won't answer your due diligence questions I would recommend looking for another MAT.

zikreetdreaming Sun 22-May-16 20:31:20

Are they actually refusing to answer (in which case I'd assume the worst and get out now) or are they just disorganised, slow etc. The second isn't a good sign either but not particularly unusual.

This assumes the due diligence you've requested isn't a questionnaire a million pages long asking if they've ever eaten a kumquat...

Backinthe1960s Mon 23-May-16 10:09:53

Short simple questions - that they refuse to answer.

zikreetdreaming Mon 23-May-16 11:06:37

Get out while you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now