Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Do I need to let this go?

(6 Posts)
unintendedcatlady Thu 12-May-16 12:30:34

I need some advice about whether to let this go or not - I don't know if I am perhaps being pathetic so help would be appreciated.

5yo DD. Separated when she was 2mo. Court 4 times. EOW arrangement going ok. Ex was abusive, physically and emotionally. Won't go into it all.

He puts people down, constantly, which is what he did to me our whole relationship. Very controlling. He tells our daughter she can be a nurse, not a dr, calls her big etc.

He has put a picture on social media calling her a chav. (He thinks he's posh and fancy basically & that I'm not). I have correspondence with his solicitor for other matters & said how disappointed I am & how I'd like it removed. It's not funny & is just a pattern of his behaviour putting others down which also includes his own DD.

In the reply he has said the photo will remain. He will not delete it as he doesn't deem it offensive.

It makes me cry! Perhaps I'm over reacting but I just want to protect my DD from him. So. So I drop it? Or do I pursue it because it's a disgusting illustration of his behaviour towards her. Need to work out if I can afford to speak to a solicitor so thought I'd post here first to see if people think it's worth it or not.

Thanks very much for reading!

SlapACatFuckADuck Thu 12-May-16 18:31:23

If it was me I'd 100% not drop this! I have a undertaking that means he can't make any comments on FB regarding my DS, including putting his pictures online.

I'd look into it.

IceMaiden73 Sat 14-May-16 09:39:39

Why are you friends with him on FB?

Coconutty Sat 14-May-16 09:41:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

unintendedcatlady Sat 14-May-16 09:59:27

Just to clarify I'm not friends with him but we have some mutual friends. He was deleted & blocked years ago.

Thanks for the replies. Given me something to think about - I am capable of ignoring but DD won't be when she's older - she'll just not understand why her dad is such an idiot. That's the worry I suppose.

Essex81 Sat 14-May-16 19:10:32

If you go to court get it put in the order nothing about you, your dad or pictures on Facebook.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now