Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Respondents papers

(6 Posts)
mytimewillcome Thu 12-May-16 04:58:57

I am going to court and I haven't been given a copy of the respondent's papers to read (I'm the applicant). Is this hugely unfair and putting me at dis advantage? It's too late to see them now other than a quick glance before the hearing. I've asked a number of times and one person said its up to the judge? Is this right?

Collaborate Thu 12-May-16 06:37:12

Can't answer without a clue about what the hearing is about.
I have my suspicions though(!)

mytimewillcome Thu 12-May-16 06:43:11

It's a non molestation order hearing. Thanks.

Collaborate Thu 12-May-16 07:03:07

It's not up to the judge. You should have received a copy. But there'll probably be some hanging around at court before you get on (unless he agrees to an order being made), so you can read and digest it in that time.

Make sure that you tell the usher when you get to court that you haven't seen their statement, and can they tell the judge. Don't be pressured in to starting the hearing before you've had time to go through it.

I presume you're unrepresented.

mytimewillcome Thu 12-May-16 07:21:22

Thank you Collaborate. I will do that. I was going to read them before but I didn't realise that I could delay the hearing until I had read them
properly. I think it's very disappointing that they haven't sent them to me.

mytimewillcome Thu 12-May-16 07:21:51

And yes I'm unrepresented.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now