Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Parking issues ....

(3 Posts)
Teddingtonmum1 Sat 07-May-16 22:29:07

I have a leasehold top floor flat in a Victorian detached house. There is a driveway for 2 cars. The downstairs flat is owned by the freeholder it was one big 1 bed flat but he divided into a tiny 1 bed with a self contained studio at the rear. They are both tenanted on AST's

When I first moved in I met the freeholder and he made a comment in passing that I don't have a right to park on the driveway , yet on the property head lease it clearly states as a leasee I have a right to park on the driveway.

What he has effectively done is by dividing his downstairs flat into 2 he has helped himself to my parking space and offering it to his tenants.

At the moment one of the tenants doesn't have a car so there is space for me to park but I want it resolved. I pay half of all the maintenance costs on the building, so am a bit miffed that he thinks he has the right to take away my space to give to his tenants!!.

One of the tenants is moving out shortly so I want to ensure That he doesn't advertise it with parking that's actually mine.

I don't have money for a drawn out battle, but he hasn't provided any proof and I think he thinks that I won't check, he doesn't live there so I can't understand why he thinks his tenants would have more rights than me ??... I think his pulling a fast one what can I do.

Collaborate Sun 08-May-16 07:17:23

Do you have exclusive right to one spot, or is it first come first served?

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 08-May-16 07:44:48

Provide him with a copy of the lease where it says you have a right to park there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now