Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Does anyone know about DPS timings please?

(3 Posts)
99percentchocolate Sun 01-May-16 22:57:15

Does anybody know much about DPS timings please?
Basically we started our tenancy on "X" date, paying our deposit in advance of us moving in. We received an email to say our deposit had been protected on "Y" date - 5 months later.
When I log in to the DPS system to look at the information, it states that the tenancy started on "X" date and that the deposit was paid the next day.
No mention of "Y" date but we didn't have confirmation of the deposit being secured any earlier than this.
So, was the deposit likely secured with the DPS the day after we moved in or on the date we received confirmation that it had been secured?
Apologies if this doesn't make sense - on phone with fat pregnancy fingers!

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 01-May-16 23:00:52

Hm. It was probably protected on Y date - you don't need to enter that, it's the tenancy start date that matters.

It's only important when it was protected because it's supposed to be done within 30 days of receipt, but I don't believe there's any recourse if the deposit is protected later. You could try to still take it to court but I've never heard of it being successful provided the full deposit is now protected. Others might know otherwise, though.

99percentchocolate Sun 01-May-16 23:04:27

Thank you, I thought it may be the "Y" date but wanted to double check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now