Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Non-molestation advice please

(3 Posts)
LMay86 Mon 11-Apr-16 21:05:10

Ive had enough of my abusive ex husband. I gave him another chance to have contact with our young children tonight and he just turned in to his usual abusive, threatening, aggressive self. We've just had a week of no contact with him (his choice) and it was so much better, me and the kids were so much calmer and happier. He's threatening me with all sorts. We separated due to violence and I fairly recently had to call the police to remove him. Is it a non-mol that I need? I read the info on the page but I need it simplified! Can I do it without a lawyer? And how soon? How does it work?

And those that have had one was it worth it?


Collaborate Tue 12-Apr-16 08:38:27

Yes - you need a non-molestation order.

Hard to do it without a lawyer unless you're confident you'll get it right.

Legal Aid may be available. See a solicitor. There's no upper income limit for LA to get an injunction.

In urgent cases you can get an injunction within 24 hours.

ForgivenNotForgotten Tue 12-Apr-16 19:37:49

I know from reading these boards that collaborate knows her stuff. Just want to add that you could try the NCDV helpline (women's aid directed me to them). They sorted out a non molestation order for me, for free (!) and were incredibly helpful. I was in a right state at the time, in no position to be understanding legal details, but all I had to do was give a statement over the phone and turn up in court the next day - a barrister was waiting for me, it was all incredibly easy from my point of view, and the phone calls from my husband stopped the second he was served with a copy of the order.

Sorry you are going through this. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now