Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Clean divorce?

(4 Posts)
WhattaMunter Sun 03-Apr-16 10:37:27

My youngest sister got married less than a year ago. Things haven't worked out, she's been unfaithful (not proud of herself, not pushing a relationship there) and wants out. Her DH is gutted, wants to work things out but she feels that the problems started long before the actual wedding.

She feels sad, foolish, guilty, all sorts of mixed up feelings, but she wants out. She told him this week and I think he's finally accepting it.

She wants a clean break - no DC, his house etc. He's seeing a solicitor this week and I've urged her to see one too. She thinks she doesn't need one though.

Does she?

Collaborate Sun 03-Apr-16 12:17:10

Probably not if she wants nothing out of it, and he's willing to sort out the divorce and a financial clean break.

Fidelia Sun 03-Apr-16 16:26:11

Unless they lived together for a long time before marrying, then it would be considered a short marriage and they should both take out what they brought to the marriage

lateforeverything Mon 04-Apr-16 22:52:17

My youngest sister got married less than a year ago

Ianal but I do know that you can't apply for a divorce until you've been married for a year, using a solicitor or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now