Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Support and help needed for DV charge

(7 Posts)
Lizanya74 Thu 10-Mar-16 00:52:39

Am reaching out for as much help and support as possible for a domestic violence incident that has left me homeless.
My kids have flown the nest and I met a new guy after 8 years of being single. All was going well and after 6 months we decided I would move in with him. I officially moved in in month 11 of the relationship. Things started to go down hill and he picked at everything I did. Rude and unnecessary comments about everything.
I'd like to add here that I had fled dv some 8 years earlier and had painfully and slowly rebuilt a life for me and my kids and ended up with a great job.
My partner and I went on holiday at Christmas on our own and he hit me for the first time - I was devastated. He made me lie to my kids so that I could have them spend new year with us.
Emotional abuse continued and then 15th February he beat me really badly. After a week of hiding in fear, with the help of a friend I confided in the police. Police saw my injuries - severe bruising, cut swollen lip and swollen neck from strangling and arrested ex. He appeared in court today charged with assault and pleaded not guilty in order for me to go to trial.
I'm in pieces, scared and upset. I'm looking for help and support and advice through this if anyone is out there. Thanks in advance. Oh and of course he is denying the photographic evidence and making out I'm a nutter xx

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 10-Mar-16 07:40:08

No helpful advice, but support.
It maybe worth also posting in relationships as there maybe people there who have more advice.

Berthatydfil Thu 10-Mar-16 07:48:56

Did it happen yes of course it did - the police saw your injuries - are they all nutters too ?
Do the police routinely go out arresting innocent people with no evidence - no.
I'm sorry you're in this situation flowers but how on earth can he deny it?
He can deny it now (probably hoping you will doubt yourself and drop it) but he may very well change his mind further down the line.
Stay strong don't doubt yourself.

Lizanya74 Thu 10-Mar-16 10:11:37

Thank you lonecatwithkitten. I'm new to the site and couldn't find a relationship section but I'll have another look.

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 10-Mar-16 13:21:24

Relationships is in the body and soul section.

EmmanuelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Mar-16 22:32:54

Hi there OP, do let us know if you'd like us to move this to Relationships. You can "report" your own post and ask us that way.

Thanks flowers.

Lizanya74 Thu 10-Mar-16 23:00:17

Thank you and sorry for my mistake being a newbie. I have reposted in the relationship section and have received some really good support so far. Sorry for the mixed place to post, please feel free to close or delete (I'm so new I have no idea)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now