Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Life insurance advice

(10 Posts)
MegCleary Sat 05-Mar-16 17:28:08

DH has been diagnosed with Sarcoidosis will this affect his life insurance? Many thanks

Hassled Sat 05-Mar-16 17:31:04

My understanding is that as long as you told the truth when you took out the insurance - i.e. you declared all the health issues you knew about at the time - then you're fine. But I'm no expert - you should probably ring the insurance company and ask. Sorry about the diagnosis.

MegCleary Sat 05-Mar-16 17:38:06

Thanks, am hoping it's the acute type so occasional flare ups if it's a chronic pathway so a slow decline in health he will struggle to cope. There was nothing when we took out the policy about 15 years ago.
We were wondering if it would pay out?

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 05-Mar-16 17:52:10

I asked the question a while ago. As long as you told the truth at the time of taking out the insurance and continue to pay the premiums you are covered.

MegCleary Sat 05-Mar-16 17:54:35

But I take it we'll need to declare it

SecretSpy Sat 05-Mar-16 17:55:51

Only if you are making a claim.

You don't need to update them, the premium is set for the duration.

MegCleary Sat 05-Mar-16 18:00:50

I don't think it's a condition we can claim for. But wonder if it will cause more problems if we ring and check, but I we must be honest.

AnthonyBlanche Sat 05-Mar-16 19:57:11

Don't want to alarm you OP but life insurance only pays out when someone dies!

MegCleary Sat 05-Mar-16 20:37:46

There is critical illness cover as part of the policy too.

AnthonyBlanche Sat 05-Mar-16 23:53:58

Ah, ok Meg. I guess all you can do is phone and find out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now