Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

confidentiality breach at work. anyone know where I stand?

(5 Posts)
mistletoeprickles Thu 25-Feb-16 16:15:17

Ok so I recently had to take a period of time off work, the real reason was not disclosed to the company except for one manager and one member of the HR team.
I have since found out various members of staff now know and also which person it was who disclosed this important.
Is there anything I can do?
I'm not part of a union.
I'm so angry that my person information was shared round especially as this is a big company.
Any advice much appreciated

mistletoeprickles Thu 25-Feb-16 16:15:50

*personal information

wowfudge Thu 25-Feb-16 19:43:12

Check your employee handbook and raise a grievance with either HR or the manager, depending on who didn't keep your information confidential.

Muskey Thu 25-Feb-16 19:53:43

Don't go to your immediate manager or a general person in HR. You need to contact your managers manager or higher and you also need to contact the most senior HR manager. The reason for this is you need someone who is above/independent of the situation. If you don't get the support you require contact ACAS or make an appointment with your local CAB who can put you in touch with a solicitor who may be able to offer some free advice.Some large companies do have special telephone numbers that you can report this behaviour. Do not discuss this matter with your colleagues and don't discuss with either of the individuals who were aware

mistletoeprickles Thu 25-Feb-16 20:17:07

Thank you.
I've only discussed it with my DP and that's how I will keep it until I'm calm.
I have a meeting with the HR manager on Monday due to my absence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now