Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Is it worth informin the court of someone who uses the system for vex us reasons?

(6 Posts)
VertigoNun Sat 20-Feb-16 19:03:11

In all my years I have not come across someone like this person.

I wanted them out of my house ASAP when they came to do a small job.

Can I inform the court he is creating problems so he can attempt to take people to court, to protect others from this odd bod?

VertigoNun Sat 20-Feb-16 19:05:33

I should add he talks and texts about court and all the people he has taken over the years etc. He seems to set things up so there is a problem that enables him to do this court thing he is obsessed with.

He also moves around a lot and is VERY protective of HIS information, yet wants others info.

elegantlygrey1 Sat 20-Feb-16 23:56:53

It is really, really hard to get someone declared a vexatious litigant, and IIRC one of the criteria is that they should never have won a case. If they have won a case, or several cases, then it is not likely to happen.

It may be that he has a favourite court, or if he stays in the same town or city he may use the local court repeatedly. If so, the court staff will be very aware of him.

The court can make an order declaring someone a vexatious litigant, so it may be worth have a word with any court that you know he has dealt with.

Be very careful and always ask for costs. Good luck. x

elegantlygrey1 Sun 21-Feb-16 00:00:23

Found this while googling - the psychology behind it.

www.fpamed.com/litigants_who_w/

VertigoNun Sun 21-Feb-16 00:13:20

I won't bother then. It's sad for the next person he tries it on with. He knows how to manipulate things his way. I managed not to fall for his trap, others won't be so lucky, he's a bully.

kittybiscuits Sun 21-Feb-16 06:57:42

If he is a tradesperson, then exposing his MO via a range of very factual internet reviews is probably the best you can do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now