Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

How to present a Detailed Statement/ Court Bundle please?

(9 Posts)
NoMoreMrRight Sun 24-Jan-16 20:55:17

Self representing for my Leave to Remove application and unsure as to how present my detailed statement when sending it to the court/CAFFCAS officer. Do I use a lever arch folder, or do I just staple everything together? Also, can I use dividers to differentiate the main statement and the exhibits? I want it to look as professional as possible. If it makes any difference, I'm currently on about 60 pages including exhibits.

Also, should I include the Position Statement I presented at the first hearing in the folder or do I keep it separately so I can hand it over to the usher on the day as I did at the initial hearing?

Many thanks in advance.

staghunter Sun 24-Jan-16 20:59:09

Lever arch file, number the pages, dividers are good too. An index is very helpful and put a copy of the position statement in the front and a seperate copy for the usher/ judge and one for the other side.

NoMoreMrRight Sun 24-Jan-16 21:17:23

Excellent thank you Stag so much.

Quick last question .... will it reflect badly on me if I didn't present my XH's copy to him on a lever arch file but just all pages handed in person on an envelope?

staghunter Sun 24-Jan-16 21:26:34

That would really not be a problem !

If you can give him a copy with the same numbering it helps as everyone can refer to the same thing at the same time.

NoMoreMrRight Sun 24-Jan-16 21:28:10

Thank you smile

NoMoreMrRight Tue 09-Feb-16 11:23:08

Just one more (potentially very daft) question. .... I have now completed my court bundle (approx 60 pages) and have put each copy in big lever arch folders. It looks very neat and professional but a bit ridiculous as it's a big folder and supposed to fit more than my 60 pages.

Can't exchange the folders as I threw the receipt away. Will it annoy the judge if I still use them?

Thank you.

Mumblechum1 Tue 09-Feb-16 12:57:22

No the judge would rather have lever arches like that than ones which are over stuffed.

Have you agreed the index with the other side btw?

NoMoreMrRight Tue 09-Feb-16 15:31:17

We are in no speaking terms so we were ordered to submit detailed statements separately; knowing him, he will be sending a page or two stapled and after the deadline. ... the bundle is just my position statement, first (detailed) statement and exhibits.

Should we be sending a joint one? We're both litigants in person. ..

NoMoreMrRight Tue 09-Feb-16 15:31:56

Oh and thank you Mumblesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now