Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Separation - Parenting schedule 6 and 30 m.o. + financial

(1 Post)
torontonian Wed 13-Jan-16 00:01:55

Posting this in a rush as I deal with kids dinner, but it is urgent as I need to discuss with my lawyer the day after tomorrow.

I am separating and husband has just sent the initial proposal for parenting schedules contingent on two points:

- if I need a nanny, it would be on my own expense
- I cannot rely on having the kids more than 50% of the time in any argument regarding spousal support

We have two kids, 6 months old daughter and 30 months old son. I will be on maternity leave for a year (this was agreed and is standard in Canada) with an income that is 25% of my regular income (it hardly covers the mortgage). So I believe that the second point is forcing me to go back to work before planned?
And about the nanny. I don´t have any family in this country, but he does. I will be with the baby most of the time and then half or more with the toddler. I don´t drive and daycare is 3 km away. So I was thinking of a nanny instead of using daycare so I don´t need to do drop off and pick up everyday with the baby in tow. Moreover, he has not lost a single night of sleep since the baby was born but I am up all night, so I need some help at least with light cleaning or cooking or something. But I can´t afford that on benefits. To be honest, I can´t even afford rent on benefits.
So is this his way of forcing me back to work? Are these two points fair? Are they standard? Any advice?

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now