Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Wills

(6 Posts)
Pebbles16 Sun 10-Jan-16 21:25:21

Husband and I have always had mirror wills. Unfortunately we no longer have dc to consider so we would like to leave our estate to his nephew and my sister. Recently it's become apparent that my will will come into force sooner. So everything will go to DH. Which is fine. BUT. Is there any way I can make sure my sis gets the money on his death?

Rangirl Sun 10-Jan-16 21:27:45

You would have to leave it in trust to your husband with provision that it would go to your sister on his death

fastdaytears Sun 10-Jan-16 21:28:44

Yep, easiest way is a life interest trust for your husband then going to sister on his death. Would be sensible to have someone else (do you have nieces or nephews) named in case your sister's not around.

Not too difficult though.

Pebbles16 Sun 10-Jan-16 21:34:13

Thank you. Yes. I have a lovely new nephew (I am besotted) so I could name him too. Thank you so much for your advice.

fastdaytears Sun 10-Jan-16 21:36:23

Aww lovely news. You could set him up really well in life. Like a fairy godmother but an aunt with a trust fund for him.

Sounds like you've had less good news too though so flowers

Pebbles16 Sun 10-Jan-16 21:44:09

Thank you fastday. I'm in "taking care" mode. But that's fine. It is what it is sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now