Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Child Maintenance and divorce

(7 Posts)
Kazanova Sun 10-Jan-16 14:09:21

Been through a divorce recently and judge awarded me larger half of property due to he was hiding money and did not declare. Now he decided hes not paying Child maintenance and moved house without letting anyone know where he is. They are following the procedure to find him at CSA. Whats happens now?

Collaborate Mon 11-Jan-16 09:00:28

They are likely to find him, if he's employed, through his tax and NI records. His employer will be paying his tax and NI every month. When they know where he works they can get to him there (finding out address, getting the ball rolling, then taking what is due from his employer direct when he fails to make the first payment).

You'll have to hound them though to make sure they do things promptly and efficiently.

Kazanova Thu 14-Jan-16 20:27:27

Was very happy today child maintain called to say they are going for his salary. Im not a greedy woman and have never been but only looking out for the kids. He left us with nothing for years and with domestic violence. I have to praise child maintenance. They have been on top of everything and as person said today we dont take no mercy you have a child together thats for life on both parents. You are both financial responsible. I praise the guy for saying that. They have ways and means so dont try to beat system. And any of you out ther dont give up

starry0ne Thu 14-Jan-16 20:30:49

I am really pleased for you... It is shocking how many men avoid paying for their kids

babybarrister Fri 15-Jan-16 15:41:43

PLeased CMS helpful for you but please Just keep your fingers crossed that you ex remains an employee of a UK company of they have no powers to take money from his income ....

Bawbles Mon 18-Jan-16 19:31:55

I started my CMS claim December 2013 and I've still not had a penny. ExH lives on the next road, works full time (self employed) and just ignores all communications. CMS have got a liability order and are taking bailiff action but he lives with new partner in her property and has wages paid into other peoples accounts. He hasn't submitted a tax return for three years and wouldn't confirm his address. It's been a nightmare. Hope yours goes smoothly.

Collaborate Mon 18-Jan-16 23:28:24

CMS are often impotent in the face of the self employed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now