Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Any advice? driving with no insurance, stealing cars Ect

(98 Posts)
SlapACatFuckADuck Tue 29-Dec-15 17:33:52

Hi

So my moronic stupid excuse for a brother stole my equally as stupid moronic mothers car (BMW turbo sport), safe to say he had had his licence for 6 months and had never driven A car since his test. He crashed it into a lamppost they record doing 50+ in a 30 the car was a write off. He has court coming up and wants to know what he is looking at getting hmm he has said he doesn't want to loose his licence and won't be paying a fine cause you have a fucking choice his mother is saying he's not to pay for the lamppost unless they prove it was working 100% before hand and he is to barter with the punishments..

Now we all know you can't barter your way but she adamant he can and will get a slap on the wrist he needs jail time to say the least hmmangry

Would any of you know what he's likely to get or could get?
He was;
Speeding
Driving without insurance
Stole the car
Damaged the lamppost by his moronic actions (so damage public property? not sure)
He was driving without due care and attention IMO but nothing has been said but he's not really speaking about it.

He's 21 never really been in trouble for anything serious before and has said he was guilty when he was caught by the police

Obviously he's an idiot but he's being filled without even more idiotic things and we want to bring him back down to earth with what he could be looking at instead of him going in there trying to haggle and saying his mum said not to pay for this and that

YeOldeTrout Tue 29-Dec-15 18:16:00

He may get slap on wrist, in minds of some. Pay for damages to public property & community service. License cancelled. But no custodial time; custodial time costs us taxpayers a fortune.
I know someone who had similar.

tribpot Tue 29-Dec-15 18:21:09

Isn't his mother, who seems to think the law works like haggling for a carpet in a Moroccan bazaar, going to say he took the car with her permission? If she's so concerned with reducing his punishment.

SlapACatFuckADuck Tue 29-Dec-15 18:29:38

Tribpot

She wasn't even going to prosecute the little theif until she found out the car would need over 30k worth of damage so was classed as written off and her insurance company told her if she wasn't going to prosecute they weren't paying out for the car. She's already had to have fraud lie detector test (according to her) to prove it wasn't an insurance fraud job!

How long would be loose his licence for? She's told him he won't have to have more driving licence and will pass first time again won't have to pay more to retake his test either.

She doesn't want him going to jail because "he won't survive" which is true but he still thinks he's the big I am that rules the world so he needs a good hard punch into the real world

They're both good for nothing's and it seems they think the law don't pay for them

fastdaytears Tue 29-Dec-15 18:29:43

tribot you would have thought so! Or is it an insurance thing and she would lose out if she did that?

fastdaytears Tue 29-Dec-15 18:30:05

Oops cross post.

OP your family is a bit nuts!

SlapACatFuckADuck Tue 29-Dec-15 18:33:11

I don't even class them to as family. She's a narcissistic thundercunt to put it nice let and this will be something to batter him over the head with down the line and he's been babied so much and has never had a consequence in his life and he's even tried attacking someone with a metal dog chain and not been charged because she argued self defence and racism so it wasn't taken to court thanks to her he truly believes he can do as he wants when he wants and nothing will come of it!

iklboo Tue 29-Dec-15 18:38:20

Not only will he have to take his test again if he's banned, he'll have to take an extended driving test which at present costs £96.

readyforno2 Tue 29-Dec-15 18:38:44

He will most likely lose his licence. You are only allowed 6 points in the first iirc, so he will get 3 for speeding and 3 for driving without insurance. I would imagine he will get a fine too, if your mother says she allowed him to take the car she can be prosecuted for allowing him to drive it knowing he wasn't insured.

fastdaytears Tue 29-Dec-15 18:38:49

shock at the dog chain. That's awful.

For his sake I hope this is a dose of reality. Please tell him not to barter over his sentence.

readyforno2 Tue 29-Dec-15 18:39:22

first year, that should say blush

NotDavidTennant Tue 29-Dec-15 18:41:44

he is to barter with the punishments..

Judge: "I hereby sentence you to a one year driving ban and a £5000 fine"

SlapACatFuckADuck's brother: "Nah, that's way too much. Six points on my licence and a £50 fine is all I'm offering".

Judge: "The lowest I can go is a three month ban and a £1000 fine, and I'm cutting my own throat there".

SlapACatFuckADuck's brother: "Discount for cash?"

(Your mum is nuts)

HappyGoLuckyGirl Tue 29-Dec-15 18:42:18

He probably wont get jail time.

I know someone who got clocked doing 85 in a 40 and had 6 points already, 3 for no insurance.

Banned for two years and court costs.

BeaufortBelle Tue 29-Dec-15 18:46:43

If you don't class them as family why is this even concerning you?

It sounds as though they should both pay the piper. Your mother will presumably through insurance premiums. Your brother will through a criminal record and vastly reduced job prospects whether he goes to
Prison
or not.

They sound charming. My mother is narcissistic and took me to stately homes. I've yet to call her a thundercunt either in private or in public.

Pipistrella Tue 29-Dec-15 18:53:52

It's probably wrong but the way you tell it is hysterically funny blush

I'm sorry you have been landed with this pair as relatives.

I have nothing more to add really.

SlapACatFuckADuck Tue 29-Dec-15 19:13:47

BeaufortBelle

Because she's getting family member to write character references for him and ask for some from me through family this thing threatened to stab me whilst pregnant with DS1 and then pointed a knife at me whilst I held him in my arms and she saw everything and then lied so he wouldn't get in trouble! she's also asking people to ring up the courts asking for proof the lamppost was working as its been taken down and to speak for him because "he doesn't know what to say and she doesn't want him in trouble" they've asked me to see if I can find out what he should expect and that's what I've done that ok?

fastdaytears Tue 29-Dec-15 19:21:31

Your mother's focus on the working or not-working-ness of the lamp post is also quite amazing

iklboo Tue 29-Dec-15 19:24:49

Whether the lamp post was working or not is irrelevant. It's still 'street furniture' and council property which will need to be replaced.

SlapACatFuckADuck Tue 29-Dec-15 19:30:49

She thinks if they can't prove Jr. Was working he won't have to pay and it's their fault for removing it he obviously can't remember it being on or not!

She doesn't fail to realise him smashing into it and making it bend means it has to come down and someone has to pay for it to come down be fixed and put back up!

tribpot Tue 29-Dec-15 19:31:00

I can't understand why they've asked you to find out his likely sentence (esp as he intends to barter it down to a light tap on the wrist and a fiver in Tesco vouchers). Can't they ask his solicitor? (A person I feel extremely sorry for).

fastdaytears Tue 29-Dec-15 19:37:13

Oh god yes can you imagine being the solicitor? Not enough money in the world!

SlapACatFuckADuck Tue 29-Dec-15 19:45:50

There's been no mention of a solicitor to me I can obviously only go on what I've been told but all that is is that what happened he was caught at the scene and told them he was guilty and what he done and he gave his statement there and then. No mention of bail from any of them he's been at work Ect they've said caught next week and because the mother obviously can't go as it could affect the insurance (apparently) and look dodgy she's asked my DSis to go and ask all the questions Ect no mention of a solicitor I assume he'll see the one there on the day if he can be bothered!

She's also told him not to accept the first sentence he's given no idea why she thinks it some car boot but he's not even going to go in a suit just his Nike tracksuit and Jordan's hmm he's going to get a shock people have said he could get a ban, he'll lose his licence, fine Ect here and there and she just said they're lying don't listen listen to me

fastdaytears Tue 29-Dec-15 19:47:31

He's planning on turning up in a tracksuit shouting about a flickering lamp post?

iklboo Tue 29-Dec-15 19:52:48

She's been watching FAR too much crap tv if she thinks UK courts accept plea bargains.....

SlapACatFuckADuck Tue 29-Dec-15 19:56:08

Oh yes! you can imagine it right

"My mum says yeah that if you can't prove da lamppost is working I don't ave to pay for it yeah. I don't want to ave a fine or loose my licence either. She also said I can't accept your first offer"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now