Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

the lost house

(3 Posts)
sofijab Mon 21-Dec-15 14:31:54

Hello. Sorry but English is not my first language. I have very bad situation. My ex partner left me with 2 small children. We was together about 10 years. He was very abusive to me. He had put me to the court to kick me and children (1and 7) on the street. So me and children became homeless. My solicitor told me I can't go to court if I will not pay from my pocket and I can't get legal aid if I want to fight about house, fight to stay with my children at home to not became homeless (its that true?), so I didn't know what had happened in the court. I never get any letter from the court or from my solicitor what is the court decision. When I asked about it she just told me home is going for sale 50/50 and I Have do nothing and wait until he will be sale our house. Meantime he sold our all belonging without my permission and took money just for himself. We have mortagge together and I still pay half. Three weeks ago he was shouting to me by phone he is gonna sale house without my knowledge and judge will be sign sale papers without my knowledge too. I am disable and I am not working. The time when he left us I didn't had money even for food so people from church helped me and children to survive.I could not defended him in the court. What I suppose to do? I am worry and scared so much not about me but about children. Please help me.Thank you

Gazelda Mon 21-Dec-15 14:36:40

You poor thing. This sounds so worrying. Where are you staying at the moment?
I'd advise going to Citizens Advice Centre and ask them to help you sort out your housing, fair proceeds from divorce, and getting sight of the court's judgement.
If you are paying the mortgage yet don't have enough money for food, then you need urgent help to sort out this tangle that he's got you into.

wowfudge Mon 21-Dec-15 16:27:15

As this was an abusive situation, you should also contact Women's Aid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now