Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Final hearing - illness

(3 Posts)
EnoughAlreadyNow Thu 17-Dec-15 20:27:29

Final hearing for CAO tomorrow and I'm lying here unable to stand up. Waves of nausea and doubled over with stomach cramps if I try to stand.
Don't know if it's the cumulative effect of months of anxiety, psychosomatic or whether I really do have a stomach bug (DS is unwell).
I've spent the best part of £2,000 on tomorrow's hearing (Solicitor, bundle prep as STBXH is direct-access, Barrister). What do I do tomorrow if I'm still not well? Worried it will look a little 'convenient'; My solicitor knows that I really do not want to be cross examined (particularly nasty allegations made against me in position statement).
If I'm still unwell, do I attend in no fit state? Starting to worry now which isn't helping the nausea.

mumblechum1 Fri 18-Dec-15 08:27:49

Sorry but you run the risk of a costs order against you if you don't show up.

You're just going to have to take whatever meds you/your GP think fit and crack on but ask your solicitor to explain to the judge at the beginning of the hearing that you are ill. You may be able to get your evidence over and done with first so if you have to leave early it's not the end of the world.

mumblechum1 Fri 18-Dec-15 08:28:57

(that's why solicitors and barristers never take a day off if they're booked into court.) I once fainted in court half way through a cross examination, took 10 mins out for a glass of water and cracked on sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now