Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Dwp letter.

(15 Posts)
jeff49uk Thu 03-Dec-15 12:06:45

Please can anyone help me. I got a letter from dwp saying, we are reviewing your benefit claim.
I have to go to a meeting next Thursday but I don't know why , I don't need Amy info only something to prove its me showing up.
I'm on esa and on the one where I don't need to go for looking for work plus I get dla. The letter don't say it's under cortion and not asking me to any info or anyone with me. I suffer from depression and worryed it could be for anything can you help me with what this letter might be for anywhere I can find out what it's for thank you

jeff49uk Thu 03-Dec-15 12:32:25

I have rung dwp, and told its just to check my details and anyone living with me but said nothing showing anything was wrong or bad. Would they say that if it was something serious.

AnthonyBlanche Thu 03-Dec-15 22:47:53

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about OP. If they already have your up to date details, and know who is living with you it is probably just a random check.

Akire Thu 03-Dec-15 22:56:17

That's odd since you are in support group there is no need for them to invite you in. Is it at the job centre or else where?
Do you have someone to go with you? sounds like they will ask if your circumstances have changed or if someone has said your claiming when not supposed too.
I don't see how dragging a sick person in for interview randomly just to check if you have a live in partner say would work. Surely they only follow up pretty good leads. It's up to them to prove someone might be living with you not for you to prove they are not!

Akire Thu 03-Dec-15 23:08:20

Had a google around yes they do this apparently so it is just unfortunate check on you nothing to do with what you have done. Which is rather a waste of time but hope it isn't affect your health to much.

WicksEnd Thu 03-Dec-15 23:23:32

It will be a compliance appointment to make sure you're getting the correct amount of benefit paid to you for your circs. Ie have declared any other income , number of children or partner living with you and their earnings.

intothebreach Fri 04-Dec-15 06:40:29

Please try not to worry - these compliance interviews are just a horrible thing they do, presumably to try and bring the welfare budget down. I have had two in the last six months (I'm a single mum on income support, with a child under 5 and also a child who receives dla, so I'm not "required" to look for work at the moment).

My first compliance interview was pretty grim, with the woman pretty much demanding I start applying for jobs. I calmly and politely told her that I had a long term plan to work as soon as my children were old enough (this is true!) and of course nothing bad happened because she does not have the power to dock my benefits. The second was absolutely fine, with a bloke who fully understood where I was coming from and told me not to worry about a thing - he understood that my situation was not my fault and didn't have a go at me at all.

Hope your interview goes okay. You will deserve lots of chocolate when it finishes x

SSargassoSea Fri 04-Dec-15 06:51:10

You could take an advocate with you but time is possibly too short, google advocacy services in your area. Or sometimes disability charities might help by someone accompanying you to the meeting for support (not advice).

MummyZELC Fri 04-Dec-15 07:05:41

They send these letters out randomly to check on people I believe - and the people I know who've had them never had any reason to be monitored. Just go along and tell them the truth, don't let some jobsworth make you feel like you've done something wrong thanks

jeff49uk Fri 04-Dec-15 12:52:12

They no my partner lives in same house has its her home. They not asking to look at any bank statements just need to take something to show its me going.
Said on fone was only to check what I was getting who loves at same address and did not need anyone but that was up to me. May be nothing has I no I don't do any work have a shit life really. Just as suffer depression on top of everything else just worry they will or try make out I'm doing something when it's not the case. Have looked around and some just have a interview like it says some or bring investergated. But if it was going to be a interview and under cortion they have to say. Its ok they say not to worry but when people suffer depression that's easy said and done. Do thank you all for your comments nice people they time to help again thx

jeff49uk Fri 04-Dec-15 13:22:57

So hope all is ok and not trying to make out I'm a bad person or trying to be. What is sad my partner who owns her home even works in dwp and cannot find out why cause its more than her jobs worth to look plus where I need to go she don't work at that one. Knowing she works for dwp you think I be silly doing out wrong and put my partner in any trouble. I know on phone said was only an interview to check my benefits and letter said nothing about being recorded or cortion but with my problems and depression just gets me down won't rest now till it's done grr

jeff49uk Thu 10-Dec-15 17:13:51

Went for my meeting today just hope all over with now. Seem some shitty person called them saying about me walking outside and house cleaning. So was asked about it, told them on my last updated notes i never said i could not walk but when i do i need rest after a while and i do little cleaning in the home again then rest. Was told after the interview it was done with and nothing was said about taking it further he seemed ok with my virsion. Mind you do wonder if he said all was done with and nothing else was needed of he ment it, now i will think im being spyed on 24/7 has bet they try see if they can get more but i know what i do is all in my notes but sad they mite waist time trying. As for the person phoning them to make things up just to make trouble are happy. Why make things up just to try hurt people and worry them, some very sad people in this world

Akire Thu 10-Dec-15 17:30:11

Glad you survived. It sounds well nasty. If someone had reported you actual walking and cleaning- wow living the high life. surely they would have checked your last notes and seen you weren't claiming to be paraplegic or whatever!

Instead of full investigation? If that's all it takes my goodness! That means any of us can be reported at any time just for being outside

jeff49uk Fri 11-Dec-15 15:13:25

I know I have health problems and do struggle in life but never said I don't walk ok I do have problems walking a lot and I van do bits around the home but alittle bit not a spring clean lol. Theyv knew all this but it still ales you look bad and ok said all was done with but them who report others just to make trouble for fun need to think whatv stress it brings. But for now hope all done wig or do I stay in bed 24/7 play safe mind you them who do this for fun will get there day and they know how it feels

Sexyscouse Fri 14-Jul-17 15:02:45

Hi i suffer anxity panic attacks i go counciling and waiting for cbt i mental health problems ive been claiming esa and ive just had a letter from dwp asked to go an appointment in 3 weeks for a reveiw of my benifits and circumstances from local service compliance is this somethink to worry bout plz

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now